> sobota, december 24, 2005
> komentarjev: 3

Douglas Adams: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


I tried, I really did, but I can't stop wondering in exactly what kind of Universe do we live: Has anyone ever discovered what the Universe is for; how many times has this already happened ... ?

Such unfruitful thinking is something absolutely normal when thinking of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, perhaps ... wait, definitely something of the greatest to come out of the mind of men. Douglas Adams could be the peak of humor evolution.
How may you see that? By reading it of course. The books were initially thought as a trilogy but were soon expanded into four parts, however, in the end published in five books:
- Book 1: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Book 2: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
- Book 3: Life, the Universe, and Everything
- Book 4: So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish
- Book 5: Mostly Harmless

I think a lot about science and mathematics, and whenever I think about that I start to yearn for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I am this kind of a scientists. Perhaps I want to take off or what, leave the orbit and explore the Universe, be assimilated by the Borg. If only I could do that.

10.5/10

Komentarji: 3

Blogger Špiklja:

Kam si se pa ti skril? Now you see me, now you don't. Kuku ;-)

18/1/06 10:27  
Blogger Sudarshan:

Hey even I heard about that book..the reviews simply praised it..gota get my hands on it sooN!!

21/1/06 07:02  
Blogger Bo:

Well, read it, it will surely be good for you. :)

28/1/06 14:33  

Objavite komentar

<< Nazaj na 1. stran